We always recommend that our volunteers, referral partners and other interested parties read this privacy notice in full. It explains who we are, how and why we collect personal data from you, how and why it will be processed by us and our commitment to protecting your data. But just in case you do not have time to read it in full we have summarised the key points for you in our ‘speed read’ section below.
- Bairnecessities (we, our or us) is a registered charity with registered charity number 1165381.
- We take our approach to data protection and protecting your privacy seriously. You can contact us at email@example.com with any related queries.
- We process (i.e. handle) your personal data to provide our services to you and our beneficiaries. Under data protection laws, we are only permitted to process your personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. We will only ever process your personal data in compliance with applicable law.
- We will keep your data for as long as we provide services to you. We will then keep data for 6 months from the date of our last interaction to deal with any queries.
- We may transfer your data to a recipient located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do this, we will ensure that the transfer mechanism provides an adequate level of protection, which has been recognised by the European Commission.
- You have important rights under laws aimed at protecting your personal data. This policy sets out your rights and how can you exercise them. For more information, see below in the ‘Your Rights’ section. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data. For more information, see below in the ‘Your Rights’ section
Full Privacy Notice
This notice explains how we collect data, how we use and store information and what it means for you. It also explains your rights in relation to the personal date we hold about you. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We welcome any feedback on our actions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Who we are Bairnecessities is a charitable incorporated organisation which provides pre-loved baby and child essentials to families in need. We are a charity registered in England and Wales (number 1165381). We are not registered with the Information Commissioner as we are exempt as a not for profit organisation. For the purposes of this Policy, ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refer to Bairnecessities.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information each time you deal with us. For example, when you become a referral partner, sign up for a newsletter, fill in forms on our website, apply to become a volunteer or for a job with us, financially support us or otherwise provide your personal details we collect the information you provide, such as your name, contact details and IP address. Occasionally we collect information given to us by a third party (for example, details of referees) or that is publically available (for example, details in relation to potential corporate supporters). What do we do with it? We may use the personal data we collect to:
- Run and administer Bairnecessities including; processing and delivery of orders, provision of our service, development of services, organising events and volunteer teams, recruiting volunteers and paid workers, administering donations, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our work.
- Provide news and information about our services and organisation and undertaking surveys to understand the difference Bairnecessities makes and how we can improve it.
- Contact supporters in order to raise and process funds and other donations given in support of Bairnecessities.
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, making the website easier for you to use and providing you with access to all parts of the website; administer our website and for internal operations including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; to keep our website safe and secure.
Basis of processing your data
- Consent: We will process your personal data where you have given us consent for the specific purposes which we have told you about. For example:
Sending out our newsletters on the basis of the consent you provided us with through Mailchimp. Direct marketing and raising funds for Bairnecessities through e-mail or SMS if you are an individual on the basis of the consent you provide us with. Use of a case study if you are a service user only on the basis of the consent you provide us with. You are free to change your preferences and unsubscribe or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Legitimate interests: For the purposes of the administration and running of Bairnecessities. For example:
When you become a referral partner, volunteer, apply to become a paid worker, act as a referee, make a gift, or are a potential or actual corporate supporter, we will rely on our legitimate interests to ensure the smooth administration, running and development of Bairnecessities’s services in order to collect and process the personal data you supply us, when your interests and fundamental rights do not override these legitimate interests. You can update, request access or object to us processing your data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal obligation: We are required by law to keep various business, HR and charity records and certain records for health and safety purposes. We will process personal data when necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, to record visitors at our warehouse to comply with health and safety legislation and to comply with HMRC regulations in relation to processing gift aid.
Volunteering or applying for a paid role with us
When you provide us with personal data when you apply for a paid role with us, such as the information on your CV, we will process, store and disclose the personal data we collect to:
- Support the recruitment process;
- Enable you to submit your CV and application
- Answer any questions you may have
- Use third parties to provide services such as references, qualifications and criminal referencing and verification of information you have provided.
- Provide anonymised data to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.Where you provide personal data to volunteer with us, we will store, process and disclose personal the personal information we collect to:
- Support the volunteer recruitment process
- Answer any questions or feedback you may have
- Use third parties to provide services such as references
- Deliver the volunteering opportunity
- Provide information and the administration of the volunteering opportunity
- Monitor the quality of the volunteering opportunity
When you provide us with personal data when you become a referral partner, such as your name, work e-mail, address and telephone number, we will process, store and share the personal data we collect to:
- Process the order
- Deal with any queries
- Arrange collection or delivery of the order
Monitor the quality of the serviceHow and where we store your information How longWe will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out the purposes we collected it for, in order to meet any any legal obligations, accounting and tax and contractual considerations as well as providing our services and running the charity, and for a period of 1 year to deal with any queries or complaints.
Any third parties that we engage will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services to you or us. If we end our relationship with any third party providers, we will make sure that they securely delete or return your personal data to us.If you have any questions about how long we keep your data, please contact us at email@example.com We may retain personal data about you for statistical purposes. In these instances it will be anonymised meaning that you will not be identifiable from the data.
We have in place appropriate controls to protect any personal data you provide. We ensure that access to personal data is restricted only to those volunteers or workers whose roles require such access and that suitable training is provided for these volunteers or workers. We use external companies to process personal data on our behalf; Mailchimp, Google, Trello and Xero. Their privacy policies can be found here. When we use these companies we remain responsible for the storing and processing of the personal data you give us. However, we need to remind you that despite our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and that you submit data at your own risk. Where we store your personal information We use a cloud based systems (Google, Trello, Xero) to process data. Our newsletter is sent out using Mailchimp. Therefore data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). These companies’ privacy policies can be found here, in which state that they hold and process personal data in compliance with European data protection regulations and UK laws. We take reasonable steps to ensure your data is stored and processed in accordance with these regulations. By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer, storing and processing of your information.
When we share your information We do not share or swap your information with any other charities or organisations. Legal duty We may need to pass on information if required by law or by a regulatory body, for example, information relating to Gift Aid requested by HMRC. Third parties We may employ or contract third party service providers who assist us with the administering the provision of our services. For example:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with then or you.
- Agents we engage to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments and providing customer service or volunteer management. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but many not use it for other purposes; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.We may provide third parties (such as funders) with general information about our service users and referral partners, but this information is both aggregate and anonymous.
- YouTube persistent cookies: YouTube is used by the Website to store and show video content. The following cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services, your preferences, your bandwidth to determine which interface you receive a and are only installed when you press play: VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE; CONSENT; PREF; and YSC.
- NID cookies: These cookies are used by Google for Google Maps preferences
- With most Internet browsers, you can erase or block cookies or ask to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality of the Website.
Your choices and telling us when things change
You can change your preferences on what you receive from us or how we contact you, at any time. You can do so by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Updating your details We appreciate it if your details are up to date. You can update us by e-mailing us at email@example.com
You have the right to be informed about how we process your personal data, the right to access your data, the right to have your personal data held by us rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may have the right to ask us to erase your personal data, to ask us to restrict our processing or to object to our processing of your personal data. You can make these requests at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under data protection legislation or if you are not satisfied with our response to any data protection issues you raise with us, you can visit the website of and make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Bairnecessities is the Data Controller for Bairnecessities and the trustees have responsibility for data protection within the organisation.
You can contact us by: Post: Ground Floor, Unit 5, Stoke View Business Park, Bristol, BS16 3AE Email: email@example.com
Generate the CSS style for border radius, fonts, transforms, backgrounds, box and text shadows with the online CSS code generators.